Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2006 on two separate computers...how do I copy my contacts from one computer to other?

ACT 2006 on two separate computers...how do I copy my contacts from one computer to other?

I just added ACT 2006 to a second computer in my office.  They are not networked.  I would like to copy my contacts from the one computer and put on the other computer.  
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2006 on two separate computers...how do I copy my contacts from one computer to other?

You can backup the database from one machine, move it to the other machine and restore it

When you restore the backup , select the option restore as

How to Back Up and Restore an ACT! 2006 Database

If you like to combine both the databases, follow the article below:

How to Import Contact Data From an Existing ACT! Database into Another ACT! Database

Re: ACT 2006 on two separate computers...how do I copy my contacts from one computer to other?

I copied my Database from my primary computer to a zip drive.  However, it doesn't appear the contacts actually copied to the zip drive?  Additionally, If I open ACT on the second computer, how do I import the first databasse to the second computer.  Thank you.

To import the contacts from one database in to another follow this link.

How to Import Contact Data From an Existing ACT! Database into Another ACT! Database