Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2006 Version 8.0.2.81 Installation on new PC

Copper Contributor

ACT 2006 Version 8.0.2.81 Installation on new PC

I need to be able to install ACT 2006 on a new pc and get any of the old updates. Will there be any problems installing ACT from the original disc and will updates be available?

I have a laptop that has ACT 2006 on it and it is the "subscriber" to my desk pc, "master", that is going to be replaced. Will I have to uninstall ACT from the laptop or will the laptop still synchronize with the new pc?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2006 Version 8.0.2.81 Installation on new PC

Is your new PC using Windows XP or Vista for the operating system?  If it is Vista, then unfortunately ACT! 2006 is not supported on that OS.  If it is XP, then you should have no problem installing 2006 and getting updates from the downloads site on www.act.com. As for the question on moving your remote (subscriber) database from the old PC to the new, please see the following Knowledgebase article for more information:

How To Retain Synchronization When the Publisher and/or Subscriber Database is Moved to a Different ...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.