Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2006 Update Wizard - Sporadic & Disruptive

Tuned Listener

ACT! 2006 Update Wizard - Sporadic & Disruptive

Sporadically, when launching ACT! 2006, I am prompted to "Check for Updates". [Please note I have the Check for Updates preference unchecked.]

If I say Yes, the Check for Updates Wizard launches, no Updates are available and then the Getting Started Wizard launches.
If I say No, the Getting Started Wizard launches.
I then have to exit and re-lauchj ACT!, the effect being I have lost ALL preferences.
I must then re-do all my preferences, including de-checking the 'Check for Updates'! (I don't have a lot of special prefernces, but this situation is an annoyance.)

This has happened twice in the last 24 hours; previous times were November 30th, November 2nd and October 18th... no rhyme or reason.

Is this just an annoyance I have to live with?

Dell Latitude D610; 2Mb RAM; XP SP2; 7,200rpm/80Gb HD

[P.S. I'm sticking with ACT! 2006 even though I purchased the ACT! 2008 Upgrade as well as ACT! Palm OS 3 Upgrade. I'm hesitant to upgrade to ACT! 2008 because I'm running Outlook 2003 and there are a number of horror stories on this Forum as to ACT! 2008/Outlook 2003 issues.]

Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2006 Update Wizard - Sporadic & Disruptive

Try these articles from the ACT! Knowledge Base:

But you'll find ACT! 2008 more stable and has a much better link to Outlook
Tuned Listener

Neither of the two articles are remotely close to the issue.
Platinum Elite Contributor

The setting to check for updates is in the Preferences and re-building them might fix your issue also