Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2006 Sync Error

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2006 Sync Error

ACT Version: 8.0.2.81 (including Hotfix 5).  I've had this issue for many months with our remote users (2).  At the end of the sync process, an error occurs and displays the following error and will not sync any changes from the remote databases:

<Failed to synchronize with the server.  Server Error Description: Invalid Column name 'CUST_XXXX_0836'>

(where XXXX equals the name of a custom field that was created long before this error occured.)

I've spoken with many "ACT experts" about this issue and have done the following in an attempt to achieve a successful sync:

1.  Created a new remote database file (from the master) and verified that syncing in general still functions

2.  Deleted the field in question from the master database and attempted sync

3.  Removed the attachments folder from the remote and master database files and attempted sync

4.  Performed full ACT8diag repairs on remote and master databases

5.  Ran DBFixer.exe (v1.0.2364.20446) on remote and master databases (supposed to fix longer than allowed GUID entries)

I've also contacted official ACT support, but have received limited assistance to actually fix the problem as opposed to manually migrating the data from the remote databases to the master (which is an equally horrible nightmare given the complexity of our data).

Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated.  My apologies ahead of time if I shoot down ideas quickly in reply... the above are only the major portions of the work done in attempt to fix this issue... I'm on my last limb with this.  My personal opinion is that the problem lies within the SQL data of the remote databases; something to do with an internal GUID, etc.  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rtw1323
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT 2006 Sync Error

Since creating new remotes work, I would suggesting moving that broken remote to the server.  Do a lookup on contact activity since last successful sync.  Then export the changes to the parent database.  After thats done, recreate the users remote.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Bump.

The key part in the error is Server Error Description.  When you receive a sync error with Server Error Description in the description, it is pointing to an issue on the server side.  If you've already ran database maintenance from actdiag,  you may be a more underlined issues with the database that the repairs from actdiag cannot fix.

You said you've deleted the field in question.  When you get the error again, does it reference the same field or a new field?

Copper Contributor

David,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  After deleting the field in question from the Master database, the same error remains.  Also, I have verified that syncing does work with new remotes by creating a new remote database file from the master and verifying that a sync succeeds.  Both of these points have led me to believe the data problem lies within the remote database file.  As a side note, and I'm not sure that this matters, but the sync will proceed as normal until the very end.  Only at that point does the sync fail and provide the error.  Below is a sync log entry from the Remote database after a failed sync:

[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:47:58 PM ]Message: Sync remote client created.
[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:47:59 PM ]Message: Checking if schema changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:48:33 PM ]Message: Client establishing synchronization with server database: XXXX
[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:48:37 PM ]Message: Initial Handshake completed.
[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:48:37 PM ]Message: Checking if data changes are available for sync.
[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:49:01 PM ]Message: Client initialized.
[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:49:02 PM ]Message: Client schema synchronized.
[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:49:48 PM ]Message: Server initialized.
[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:49:49 PM ]Message: Server schema synchronized.
[ Info | 10/15/2008 4:52:41 PM ]Message: Files synchronized.
[ Info | 10/15/2008 5:02:56 PM ]Message: Content synchronized.
[ Error | 10/15/2008 5:03:11 PM ]Message: Exceptions synchronization failed.
[ Error | 10/15/2008 5:03:11 PM ]Message: Failed to synchronize with the server. Server Error Description: Invalid column name 'CUST_XXXX_0836'.

No data actually changes in the Master Database.  Thanks again.

Copper Contributor

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Solution
Accepted by topic author rtw1323
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Since creating new remotes work, I would suggesting moving that broken remote to the server.  Do a lookup on contact activity since last successful sync.  Then export the changes to the parent database.  After thats done, recreate the users remote.