Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2006 Notes are sudddenly hidden. Help!

ACT 2006 Notes are sudddenly hidden. Help!

When I try to insert a note into a contact, the note popup window doesn't work...or rather it seems to be popping up "behind" the ACT program. (I can't see the note pop-up window, but the program itself is no longer highlighted, and when I try to click on the title bar, it doesn't respond.) The obvious solution would be to make the program smaller and move it around my screen to try to uncover the hidden Notes Window...but the program will only appear full screen or completely minimized...nothing in between. Plus, when I first open the program, it's minimized.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled...nothing seems to work. I've been wrestling with this for days now and am falling behind in my work. Can anyone help me? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2006 Notes are sudddenly hidden. Help!

That is a screen focus issue. The focus should be with the dialog not with the parent program. Some things to try: as a workaround do ALT - Tab to switch focus, that may bring the dialog to the from. Try turning off hardware acceleration on you video driver. Also do a scan for spyware/malware. Hope one of these helps.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks for trying, Roy. Alt Tab opens the Tools menu: is there another Alt key for notes?  I have no idea how to turn off hardware acceleration on my video driver, but I'll try to figure it out. I'm running a virus-scan now...if it works I'll let you know.

Sorry...I was doing Alt T, not Alt Tab. Alt Tab changes applications...but doesn't make the note window show up.