Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2006-Moved My Docs to new Drive-Help

ACT! 2006-Moved My Docs to new Drive-Help

When I moved my My Docs Folder (including ACT! database) to a new drive, a box asked for the user name & password.  I inputed the user name, but I never used a password.  Help
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2006-Moved My Docs to new Drive-Help

You will get the login screen initially when you move your database to new location and open it the first time. If you have no password, but cannot remember your username, then try different variations of your name (or a users name) and leave the password blank.\

Examples: John Smith, jsmith, john, John S.Smith

You may also be able to locate the last logged in username in the registry:

- From your Windows Start menu, choose Run. Type in regedit

- When the Registry Editor opens, drill down the following key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACT

- With the ACT key highlighted, look on the right-hand side od screen and find LastUser...the value there will be the last logged in user name

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I followed your suggestions.  I located my user name, but I still get the same message that ... "Database cannot be accessed.  In order to access this database, check network connection and verify database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable firewall software."  I have tried to open the database in the new drive with Norton's firewall software disable.  No success.

Please, any other suggestions?

OK.  That error is actually not related to your login. Please see KB Article 19640 for a list of possible causes and solutions for this error.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I was overwhelmed by KB Article 19650 as I don't know if I have a network problem (I'm a single user) or a firewall problem.  I did disable the Norton Internet Security Firewall software and received the same message  "Database cannnot be accessed..."

I know there are a lot items listed in that KB, but just start with the ones that have "local database" in parentheses after the item. Then move onto "shared or loca databasel" items. Take each item one at a time and post back if you have any questions about any of the items.

Greig Hollister