Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2006 Database Server Sharing

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 2006 Database Server Sharing

Hey all,

Currently, we have a user who has an ACT 2006 database stored on their desktop and is sharing it with 3 other users in the office. My question is -- is there anyway to store that database on our Windows 2003 Server without having to install ACT on the server itself? The server is owned by our parent company and we are not allowed to install additional software on it. From the literature I've seen, it seems like the only way to share it out on a server would be to have ACT installed.

I was wondering if there was a way to store it on the server and then just have the users point to the database located on the server (i.e. \\servername\share) much like sharing a folder, etc. Thanks for any help that anyone can offer! 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jgsimek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT 2006 Database Server Sharing

Unfortunates ACT! and SQL will need to be installed on the machine hosting the database.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jgsimek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Unfortunates ACT! and SQL will need to be installed on the machine hosting the database.

So if I am able to install it on the network server, is there any links to documentation in order to share the database via the network? I am not familiar with ACT at all and was just wondering if there was any advice for how to share the database if I can install it on the Windows 2003 Server. Thanks for any help!

Review the KB article below on how to share the database.  You can also search the ACT! knowledgebase if you encounter any errors.

How to Share an ACT! by Sage Database over a Network