Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!2006 Database Could not be accessed and I am unable to uninstall. Please HELP!!!

Copper Contributor

ACT!2006 Database Could not be accessed and I am unable to uninstall. Please HELP!!!

running windows xp with ACT!2006.

I tried to install the program and when I open the sample database I get the following:

The Database ACT8Demo could not be accessed.  In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available.  It may be neccessary to disable any firewall software on yourcomputer or server.

If I try to uninstall I get

SQL Server could not find the specified named instance ACT7 please specify the name of an existing instance on the invocation of sqserv.exe. if you believe that your installation is corrupt or has been tampered with , uninstall then rerun setup to corrrect the problem.

HELP!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT!2006 Database Could not be accessed and I am unable to uninstall. Please HELP!!!

Hello Greatdeals,
You may need to manually remove 2006 and MSDE (SQL). Instructions are in this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1528...

The reboot and reinstall from your 2006 disk or download. Also, what operating system are you attempting to install on?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.