Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2006 ACT Error -- Setup failed to configure the server. Feature Transfer Error -- Error 1603

ACT 2006 ACT Error -- Setup failed to configure the server. Feature Transfer Error -- Error 1603

I own ACT 2006 and I run it on my 1.66 Ghz w/2 Gig of ram running Windows XP Pro 2002 with service pack 3.  I need to send the PC in to be fixed so I tried installing the ACT 2006 on two different PCs and it wouldn't install on either one.  One is a 2 Ghz w/2 Gig of ram runing Windows XP Pro 2002 with service pack 3 and the other is a 1.6 Ghz w/512MB of ram running Windows Home 2002 with service pack 3.  When it gets to the point of "Installing New Services" I get an "ACT Error" --Setup failed to configure the server.  Refer to the server error logs and setup error logs for more information.--  When I hit OK I get another error "Feature Transfer Error" Error --1603 Fatal error during installation consult windows Installer Help (msi.chm) or MSDN for more information.--

I have looked at the ACT tech support web site for info on this and I have done everything from making sure I have the correct administrative rights, cleaning the registry, and I even tried uninstalling service pack 3 to see if it was the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get it to install?

Thanks,

Steve

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2006 ACT Error -- Setup failed to configure the server. Feature Transfer Error -- Error 1603

Hello Splfish,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

The 1603 error can come from multiple areas, here is an article that has instructions for resolving a 1603 error:

Error: 1603: KB Article 14155

Greg Martin
Sage