Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2005

ACT 2005

I have an old version of Act.  The computer it is on is dying and purchased a new laptop, running windows 7 and it is a 64 bit.  Act will not load onto the laptop.  My assumption is there is no way to get it to work.  Am I correct?  Is the only option to upgrade to the newest version?

Thanks for any imput.

HistoryBuff2

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2005

Time to upgrade to ACT! 2010.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

So, is the new ACT able to import my old database to the new version?  Since my new computer is a 64 bit, I'm unable to install the old, 2005 ACT, onto the new 64 bit computer (incapatable) so I'll need to install the new ACT, then copy over the backed up 2005 database. Just trying to be sure there's an easy way to import/convert that old databse into the new ACT. thank you 

It should though an intermediate conversion of the database might be needed.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I've purchased the Act Pro and am attempting to open my old 2005 database with the new Act Pro and it says I should try updating the PAD file.  What would you reccommend it do next ?  try your intermediate database conversion (where do I locate instructions for how to accomplish that ?)  or would the 'update PAD' file (how do I do that ?)  ?   I'm not very tech savvy, but can generally muddle through.  Please break it down for me step by step or point me where I can find those instrucitons. 

thanks,

Try opening the database ADF file instead of the PAD file. The PAD file is only a pointer.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129