Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2005 installed on Small Business Server R2

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 2005 installed on Small Business Server R2

I am trying to replace an old server running Windows Server 2003 with a new server running SBS R2. I was able to install ACT 2005 without any problems as well as the Ver. 7.0.4.82 patch that matches the ACT install on the old server. I cannot however restore any backed up databases, let alone create a brand new one, without a multitude of errors popping up.

If I am trying to restore a database I get an unscrollable dialog box with a list of errors that runs off the screen. I can recreate the error and take a screenshot if anyone thinks they need to see it.

If I am trying to build a new database I get an error that says to check the "_ActSchemaUpdateResultsdb_test..." file. That file contains the following message:

Msg 50000, Level 25, State 1, Server SFGD-SERV1\ACT7, Line 3
*** SECURITY ERROR - MUST RESET LOCAL SQL sa PASSWORD (7.0.3.154 OR GREATER)! Exiting from update!

Has anyone had any success working with ACT 2005 and SBS? Any help would be much appreciated! I am afraid that upgrading ACT is just financially out of the question right now.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfgd
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2005 installed on Small Business Server R2

This appears to be an issue with the local SQL Server.  Try resetting the SQL Password from ACT! Diagnostics:

- Close ACT!

- Go to Start/Run and type in act7diag

- In ACT! Diagnostics go to Server, then Server Security

- Click Reset SQL Password and follow the prompts to do so

- Close ACT! Diagnostics

- Go to Start/Run, type services.msc to bring up local services

- Locate the MSSQL$ACT7 service and stop/start it

- Try restoring the backup again...remember to use the Restore As option

If this fails, then you may need to uninstall/reinstall ACT and SQL on this machine. You can use the following Knowledgebase article for assistance with this:

How to Manually Remove ACT! 2005 and ACT! 2005 for Workgroups

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfgd
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2005 installed on Small Business Server R2

This appears to be an issue with the local SQL Server.  Try resetting the SQL Password from ACT! Diagnostics:

- Close ACT!

- Go to Start/Run and type in act7diag

- In ACT! Diagnostics go to Server, then Server Security

- Click Reset SQL Password and follow the prompts to do so

- Close ACT! Diagnostics

- Go to Start/Run, type services.msc to bring up local services

- Locate the MSSQL$ACT7 service and stop/start it

- Try restoring the backup again...remember to use the Restore As option

If this fails, then you may need to uninstall/reinstall ACT and SQL on this machine. You can use the following Knowledgebase article for assistance with this:

How to Manually Remove ACT! 2005 and ACT! 2005 for Workgroups

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.