Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

ACT 2005 7.0.4.82

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2005 7.0.4.82

What's the OS of the new computer. If it's Windows 7 ACT! 7 won't work.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Windows XP. But she has a new laptop which is Win7. I'll mention to her she should upgrade. For desktop restore its XP, though. So that will have to do for now..

The Microsoft .NET Framework and MSSQL use for ACT! 2005 version 7 aren't supported on Windows 7, I don't know about running Windows 7 in XM mode there is a big risk. If you run into problems there isn't any support for ACT! 7.

They also need to be aware that many of the problems associated with ACT! 7 were actually problems with the very early versions of the .NET framwork and MSSQL.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

[ Edited ]

I wasn't very clear earlier (sorry):

The client owns a desktop which they intend to keep XP on for now. I had to wipe it, though, to clean up virus/etc. Reinstalled XP-SP3 clean. So I will still need to restore the database I created a back for (which I found instructions on via google). I also took screenshots of serials/etc (Act and others) before formatting. When they get more comfortable with windows 7, I will upgrade ACT for them but that day isn't today. Smiley Happy

The point here is the database is going to be restored under XP for now (and requires it anyway from what I am understanding.)

So the questions remains:

I still need links to the 2005 installer + any pertinent updates if possible.

Why not just have this on the website under a legecy downloads area? Certainly the program is old enough at this point (and you need a serial anyway) to merit being available openly. I also am not sure why the lastest patch I mentioned is not on the website for the same reasons. Any help is very appreciated.

Platinum Super Contributor

Bmatthews,

Please see your Private Notes

Greg Martin
Sage

I have had the same issues & am looking for 7.04 updates for a re-formatted XP computer.

I tried to install the update via Help / Updates, but process stopped, saying (Incorrectly) that some programs needed to be closed down.

Installation is on 7.3.99 & data files appear to be on 7.04.**

Cannot use ACT as is -  Where can I access the latest update for ACT! 7?

Thanks

Hello barney48,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. I could not locate the 7.0.4 update, but I can send you the full install for that version. You will need to uninstall your current version of ACT! 2005 and install the updated version. Please send me your ACT! 2005 serial number via Private Message in this forum and I will send you the link.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Well it looks like I am one of the group that is stil on ACT2005 and needs to reinstall the software but can't find the 7.0.4.82 update.  Could someone send me the update?

Thank you

Tracy Dusome