Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2001 Pro- Outlook2007 Sync - Lost ALL Contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2001 Pro- Outlook2007 Sync - Lost ALL Contacts

I recently made many changes to my ACT database. Deleted my Outlook contacts and then sync'd to Outlook. I always receive a confirmation that the sync was successful, but it is not happening. I can't get my ACT contacts sync'd with Outlook. It has always worked for the last few months, but not now. I have restarted ACT and Outlook, rebooted, etc, etc with no luck. Anybody have any ideas as to a way to force ACT to sync with Outlook. It does sync the calendar but not the contacts.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author roberts123
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2001 Pro- Outlook2007 Sync - Lost ALL Contacts

Here is an article with steps for clearing out the sync log files, which may contain the contact names that are not syncing: KB Article 27105

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Contributor

To troubleshoot, try creating a new outlook profile and see if it sync without error.  We have seen occasionally that a bad contact or activity would cause sync to fail. A new profile would be a way to test this.  (new mail profile would be created under windows control panel, make it the default)

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

I created a new ACT contact and sync'd the database with Outlook. The result was the new contact ONLY. The other 1079 contact info is not being transfered. Does this help?

Copper Contributor

I also created a new email account, made it the default and tried syncing. Again, I only got the new contact to sync. The others are not there

Solution
Accepted by topic author roberts123
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Here is an article with steps for clearing out the sync log files, which may contain the contact names that are not syncing: KB Article 27105

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks Greg. That fixed the problem. Although I was able to get about 700 contacts transfered last evening and when I first took the necessary steps it duplicated many of those. I then manually deleted all the Outlook contacts, renamed the metetag files and sync'd again to get it to work properly.