09-16-2011 12:10 PM - edited 09-16-2011 12:11 PM
Im trying to upgrase to ACT! 2011. When trying to convert the 2000 ACT database in 2011 I can get to the point where its attempting to convert it crashes completly. It creates the database file in my destonation folder but when i try to open it all the users are not recognized. I then use a 3rd party software to check the password and the only user was "converter" with no password. I used the software to set the password then opened the databse and there is nothing. just 1 contact named "converter".
I have read there is known issus convertin from 2000 to 2011. If anyone could tell me the process for a sucessful conversion it will be greatly appresiated. OS is Windows 7 x64
09-20-2011 05:35 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
Here are some steps to take to try and resolve the issue:
- Have you run maintenance on the database in ACT! 2000/ACT! 2004 (v6) before attempting the conversion? If not, here is an article with instructions for doing so. After running maintenance, open the database in the older version > close it > then attempt to open in ACT! 2011: KB Article 26761
- Create a new database in the older version and convert it. This will test the process.
- In the old version, Save your database to a new name > run maintenance on the new copy > attempt to convert.
- In the old version, Save your database as an Empty Copy (no data) > attempt to convert the empty copy.
- if the empty copy converts, it is an indication of an error with data.
- if the empty copy conversion fails, it is an indication of an error with the structure of the database.
- If the empty copy converts, create a new empty copy and then import all of the data from the original database into the empty copy. Then attempt to convert.