Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2000 database conversion util for ACT! 2011 crashes with no report - Windows 7 x64

ACT! 2000 database conversion util for ACT! 2011 crashes with no report - Windows 7 x64

[ Edited ]

Im trying to upgrase to ACT! 2011. When trying to convert the 2000 ACT database in 2011 I can get to the point where its attempting to convert it crashes completly. It creates the database file in my destonation folder but when i try to open it all the users are not recognized. I then use a 3rd party software to check the password and the only user was "converter" with no password. I  used the software to set the password then opened the databse and there is nothing. just 1 contact named "converter".

I have read there is known issus convertin from 2000 to 2011. If anyone could tell me the process for a sucessful conversion it will be greatly appresiated.  OS is Windows 7 x64

Re: ACT! 2000 database conversion util for ACT! 2011 crashes with no report - Windows 7 x64

Any one? I have updated the db to 6.0, then tried to upgrade to 2011 fails on both a windows 7 and xp.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2000 database conversion util for ACT! 2011 crashes with no report - Windows 7 x64

Hello Whitewidow,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here are some steps to take to try and resolve the issue:

- Have you run maintenance on the database in ACT! 2000/ACT! 2004 (v6) before attempting the conversion?  If not, here is an article with instructions for doing so.  After running maintenance, open the database in the older version > close it > then attempt to open in ACT! 2011:  KB Article 26761

If unsuccessful:

- Create a new database in the older version and convert it.  This will test the process.

- In the old version, Save your database to a new name > run maintenance on the new copy > attempt to convert.

- In the old version, Save your database as an Empty Copy (no data) > attempt to convert the empty copy.

- if the empty copy converts, it is an indication of an error with data.

- if the empty copy conversion fails, it is an indication of an error with the structure of the database.

- If the empty copy converts, create a new empty copy and then import all of the data from the original database into the empty copy.  Then attempt to convert.

Greg Martin
Sage