Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 19.2 act.outlook.services.exe will not stay running

ACT 19.2 act.outlook.services.exe will not stay running

I have outlook 2016 32 bit  and act v19.2 update 4.    In the task manager I see act.outloook64.services  running but when I try to make the 32 bit act.outlook.servieses,exe run it will not stay running.    The overall issue is that the emails are not attaching to the database history.   I have tried most everything I have seen on the forum but nothing works.   I have 3 other computers with the same configuration and they attach the history.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 19.2 act.outlook.services.exe will not stay running

Have you disabled the Act Outlook64 services? You should do this anyway and it might help.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Nickel Super Contributor

Act4outlook can be purchased for $36 at www.keystroke.ca and it resolves all the History attaching issues while providing significantly enhanced Outlook integration. People often struggle with getting the native integration to work, only to have Microsoft bork it with updates. Save yourself some headaches and get Act4outlook. It doesn’t rely on MAPI, and is therefore less vulnerable to MS updates.

Act! Consultants all over the world purchase it for their customers because they know it works.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

Yes I have disabled the act.outlook.services 64 bit and nothing changes.   The 32bit act.outlook.services will show as running for a while on the task manager but the icon will not show up on the taskbar as on other machines.  It seems the program is not really running.

As a side question-- if I dont use any contacts in outlook, is there a reason to have the ACT integration service running in the background?   I get continuous sysc errors in outlook. 

Nickel Super Contributor

Concerning Problem with act.outlook.service.exe:

- switch off the Office-Updates

- downgrade your Office to a stable build  (I use Build 16.0.8326.2073 from April this year) .

Concerning crashing Integration Service:

If the problem does not go away after the a.m. downgrade (which it should), remove the ACTIntegration entry from "Autostart".

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

Act4outlook was the answer.  I have battled the act installation on 4 computers for months.  The cost of the working program from act4outlook is worth it and does a better job