Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!17.2hf3 - How can I get ACT! to Always use Chrome instead of IE Browser?

Nickel Elite Contributor

ACT!17.2hf3 - How can I get ACT! to Always use Chrome instead of IE Browser?

[ Edited ]

Greetings and Computations,

Using ACT!17.2hf3 - How can I get ACT! to Totally(Always) use Chrome instead of IE Browser? 

Example; When I use a web link from (ACT!/ View / ACT Links / Manage Links), ACT! opens the web link using my ie browser.

If I am in the Web Info Tab - or Social Updates Tab, in a Contact Record, same thing. It opens with IE Web Browser.

But, if I am in a Contact or Company record and click on a web link, it uses my Default Chrome browser to open the web page.

Goal= I do not want ACT! to open IE Browser - Prefer to use Chrome Browser.

Thanks - Bill 

Bill Williams - Owner / ACT! Consultant / Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Download Free BullZip PDF Printer and Print directly to PDF http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php
Administrator

Re: ACT!17.2hf3 - How can I get ACT! to Always use Chrome instead of IE Browser?

Hi Bill,

I know that in some places in the Act Software internet explorer is 'hardcoded' (as in it will always use I.E. no matter which browser is defaulted).

This tends to be the case when the browser window is opened specifcally by Act! (like you've said the Act! Links, Web Info tab etc).
When simply clicking on a hyperlink in a field (website field, in a note/history) it behaves as if you've clicked any link on your PC, and opens in the default browser.

Unfortunately, at present I don't believe that there's a way to have Act! open other browsers at the moment - but I can understand why that would be a really useful feature. Not everybody wants to use IE! I'll ask the question of our dev's and see if we can get this put on the development roadmap.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT!17.2hf3 - How can I get ACT! to Always use Chrome instead of IE Browser?

Jon - Why is the LinkedIn view in Social Updates not working again in v20 UD5?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org