Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 11 won´t open, no messages

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 11 won´t open, no messages

I use ACT for many many years, in many computers. In one of them, after using for 1 year at least on the same computer, ACT just won´t open, NO MESSAGES AT ALL. I do my database login, push enter, normal messages on ACT screen, than just ACT icon on toolbar, also it shows up OK on task manager, but just won´t open.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author eiffel
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 11 won´t open, no messages

Your ACT! screen is most likely opening out-of-viewing-area on the monitor.  Here is an article with instructions for moving it back: KB Article 23807

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author eiffel
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Your ACT! screen is most likely opening out-of-viewing-area on the monitor.  Here is an article with instructions for moving it back: KB Article 23807

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another possibility may be a damaged preferences file. One cause could be if you changed the the DPI setting for your video to be higher than 96 (normal). To rebuild the preferences file, follow the instructions to manually rebuild the preferences found in the bottom section of KB Article 14770.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you very much, worked fine, the ACT window was openning but ouside visible screen, the script below worked after 2 or 3 trials.

Thanks again, very efficient, thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!