Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 11 running slower than normal

Tuned Listener

ACT 11 running slower than normal

I received a new desktop computer 2 weeks ago.  HP Pavilion (AMD A6-3620 APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 2.20 GHz and 8 GB of ram, 64 bit).  It runs Windows 7.  I am using Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2.    The system seem to run slower that my old 2005 desktop with 2 GB ram.  When you add notes, histories, set appointment, the little blue circle (busy) seems to run longer than before.  Suggestions / tweaks to improve ACT's speed.  All other programs seem to run just fine.  Jack

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 11 running slower than normal

The first/easiest task is to run 'Check and Repair' on the database. This is found under the Tools > Database Maintenance menus.

Note: Always create a backup before performing any maintenance or mass updates (File > Backup > Database).
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

Thank you Greg.  I do that task religiously!  Sorry, I should have posted that in the intial post.  Jack

Platinum Super Contributor

Do you also see a slow response time in the demo database? This will help determine if the issue is database specific or not. You can try disabling anti-virus software and test.
Greg Martin
Sage
Tuned Listener

The demo database is fast.   My database seems fairly fast today.  I will do some anti-virus tweaking after the holiday.  Thanks Greg - Happy America's Birthday.