Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 11 and Outlook Email - Change Email Handling? What happend to the .msg Attachement?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 11 and Outlook Email - Change Email Handling? What happend to the .msg Attachement?

I just upgraded from ACT 9 to ACT 11, and it apperas as if emails are handled differently.  I used to be able to click on the attachment that was saved in the attachment field with a .msg extension and it would open up in Outlook.  Now it appears to just take the content on the saved message and save the text in an email sent "Result".

It was useful for be able to re-send the email sometimes.  Is this "feature" lost in the new version of ACT?

Thanks,

Blair

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author blairapiotrowski
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT 11 and Outlook Email - Change Email Handling? What happend to the .msg Attachement?

Go through the Email System Wizard again and on step 5 of 7, change record history type to Email subject, message, and all attachments.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author blairapiotrowski
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT 11 and Outlook Email - Change Email Handling? What happend to the .msg Attachement?

Go through the Email System Wizard again and on step 5 of 7, change record history type to Email subject, message, and all attachments.

That works great!  Thanks for the tip!
Copper Contributor

I am pleased that somebody has been able to get the email created in ACT 2009, sent by outlook and then attached to the contact. I have tried the email setup many times, swapped from using work as the editor, as many combinatinations as you can imagine...

With no difference, i still cannot get act to attach the email ,subject and attacment to the contact... it is driving me nuts

ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Outlook 2003, windows XP Pro and admin rights 

it seems to me that as ACT is evolving it is loosing some of the appeal.  I started with Version 3 and have remained with it through several companies

Can anyone try and assist me

Tony

Nickel Contributor

Tony - some anti-virus systems and firewalls can prevent ACT / Outlook integration working correctly. Try disabling them and test sending a couple of emails. If they connect OK to the contact, then look to add ACT as an exclusion into these programs.

I've set up numerous clients and this is usually the issue. If it persists, send me a DM and I will try and sort it out for you. 

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

I am a new user to ACT and am not able to have ACT attach the emails to history.  I have tried everything I can think of including your suggestion of disabling my anti-virus software.  I have ACT 11 and WIndows 7 (64).  Can you please be of assistance or recommed a solution?  I would hope this would be a simple task.

Thank you

Howard

<script id="iComment_js_link" src="https://icomment.com/js/Resize.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
Nickel Contributor

Howard - what version of Office are you using?

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
Employee

Howard, 

Act 2009 (Version 11) is not supported or tested with windows 7 - this could be the reason you are unable get emails to attach correctly.

The versions of Act! which work with Windows 7 64bit are - Act 2010 (Version 12) and Act 2011 (Version 13)

Platinum Super Contributor

What version of Office are you running and it is the 32 or 64-bit version?

If you are running Office 2010 (32bit), here is an article with instructions for integrating Act! with Outlook (Act! 2009 will not integrate with other Office 2010 programs): KB Article 26713

If you are running Office 2007 or 2003, here is an article with instructions for setting up the integration with Act! - there is a screen for adding the Act! address book to Outlook > this step may have been bypassed earlier: KB Article 22983

Greg Martin
Sage

I'm having a similar problem with Act Pro 11. I have gone through the email system wizard (several times) and set preference history to Email subject, message, and all attachments. Emails attached to a contact from OUtlook 2010 appear, but the attachements are always missing in the email history within ACT. Any clues?