Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 11 / Outlook 2003 / High Impact Email 5: Emails going out to the wrong contacts.

Copper Contributor

ACT 11 / Outlook 2003 / High Impact Email 5: Emails going out to the wrong contacts.

[ Edited ]

I thought i was going MAD,,,, i am a sesasoned ACT user from version 5, and i have ALWAYS used ACT + Outlook to send out many many emails without problems. Then last year with ACT 2008 + outlook 2003 and High Impact Email 4 sent out some fairly good email campaigns.

But Today in Act 11 and Outlook 2003 & High Impact Email 5, i sent out 80 is targeted emails, by the scheduler in HIE5... Much to my amasement they werew all going to the wrong people. Dear Jim was going to Bill.

Narrowed it down i think to the Scheduler, I set it to send out 10 every 2 mins..... BUT it sent 10 of the same to the first 10 contacts. now i seem to be going round in circles,,,, loosing prospects FAST

Any ideas.????

Tony

New post created from existing thread. Subject edited to be more appropriate for topic

Message Edited by ghollister on 07-15-2009 04:31 PM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 11 / Outlook 2003 / High Impact Email 5: Emails going out to the wrong contacts.

[ Edited ]

Same thing happened to me last week using ACT! 10.0.2 - ACT! email and also tried using Outlook2007 email.

I was not using High Impact email ad-on.. What I Looked UP, Is NOT what got emailed out.

Our forum moderator did escalate the matter to Sage Support but the support guy fogot to leave me adequit details as to how I can reach him and as of a few minutes ago, still not able to reach Mr Barnes in Support.

I am usually pretty good and testing softwares until they break and this ACT! email merge process sure seems flawed to me.

The CEO of one of my competitors called me on the matter and I am 100% sure my list did not include him.

Before that, some emails went out before I was ready(incomplete/bad templates?).

Before that had probs getting the Write Templates to work.

Before that I had hair. hahahaha ..

There is one way to do your ACT! email marketing that should be 100% safe;

(Assuming the ACT! Lookup   or   Export process isnt the problem.)

Create a NEW, Empty Email Marketing ACT! database( File - Save Copy As ) option,

Then;  from your Master ACT! database,  Perform  your LOOKUPs

and EXPORT your Lookup prospect data results into the new empty database and email out from it.

Then delete those records from the email marketing database when process complete.

It's not that hard of a thing to do, but we should not have to do that.

I suspect and hope Sage will escalate this matter.

Cheers - FSB

Message Edited by FillStaffBill on 07-16-2009 01:13 PM
Message Edited by FillStaffBill on 07-16-2009 01:14 PM
Bill Williams - Owner/Consultant/Trainer at Fill Staff "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://fillstaff.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors www.bigactlayouts.com
Protect your Files & Folders with Folder Lock Pro by New Software http://download.cnet.com/Folder-Lock/3000-2092_4-10063343.html
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 11 / Outlook 2003 / High Impact Email 5: Emails going out to the wrong contacts.

Tony,

It would be a good idea to contact technical support for High Impact Email if you suspect that the HIE5 scheduler may be the issue.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greg

I am already in communication with them, but i see that other ACT users have this "ADD IN" for their marketing. It was aimed at them, and also this thread was involved in ACT sending out to contacts not in the look up.

I believe it is a great match, but sometimes the support from HIE is a little thin on the ground, and the answers are not always in context to the question asked.

I always upgrade software to the very latest patct/fix, but because of some of the postings on this forum i have stopped with the 11.0.0.367