Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 11.1 + Outlook 2007 - Inbound emails not saving to contact records

Copper Contributor

ACT 11.1 + Outlook 2007 - Inbound emails not saving to contact records

I've just upgraded to v11.1 (from 11). I'm using Outlook 2007. Previously, inbound emails would automatically attach to the corresponding contact record's history (assuming the display name matched the record name).

Since the upgrade, however, inbound emails are no longer automatically attaching.

Any ideas on why?

Notes:

Act.Outlook.Service.exe is running

The Outlook rule is still enabled (to attach any email from a sender in my ACT pad to ACT contact history)

Cheers

Glenn (Twitter: @divinewrite)

Re: ACT 11.1 + Outlook 2007 - Inbound emails not saving to contact records

Try readding the ACT! address book and Outlook rule.  If that doesn't work, end process on Act.Outlook.Service.exe and restart it from - C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows

Copper Contributor

Hi David. Thanks heaps for responding. Was starting to think it was dead in the water! :-)

I've tried all of your suggestions and, unfortunately, it's still not working. Any other suggestions?

Cheers.

Glenn

Copper Contributor

I've just found out from a reliable source that this problem is a worldwide one, and is caused by a recent Microsoft update. Apparently everyone's madly trying to resolve it, but no luck yet. So I guess it's a waiting game!

Cheers.

Glenn

If your source was referring to the recent Windows Defender update, you can resolve it by following the KB article below.

Windows® Defender Update Causes Features of ACT! to Not Function Properly

Copper Contributor

Thanks David. Although I can't say for sure, I don't think that's the particular issue he mentioned. At least, I'm not having those particular problems, and he said that Sage & MS were both still looking for the solution.

Cheers.