Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 11.1 FROZEN

ACT 11.1 FROZEN

Hello,  I am looking for help with a ACT11.1.  I ran a filter from the dashboard and have had an hour glass ever since.  I have rebooted, reinstalled the program and have tried to wait it out, but no luck so far.  When I launch the program I go straight to the hour glass and have no option to click anything.  My PC has 4 gigs of ram and a fast dual core prossesor.  I have a large database with over 20,000 companies + contacts.  Even after removing the program and reinstalling I wind up in the same place. I am watching my task manager and ACT is is using around a gig of ram and about 50% of the processor.  It does look like it is trying to run the filter but it has been over 6 hours and I still have the hour glass.

Any sugestions?

Thank you!

Jim

Re: ACT 11.1 FROZEN

Try following the steps below:

1. Close ACT!
  2. Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
        For Vista: C:\Users\<User_Name>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows <version>
  3. Delete the following files if present: preferencesBak.XML, preferencesBak3.xml, preferencesBak6.xml, preferencesBak9.xml
  4. Open the Preferences folder and delete USPreferences206.xml and USPrefrences208.xml.old
  5. Open ACT! and the demo database.
  6. If you can open the demo database, attempt to open your production database.

Re: ACT 11.1 FROZEN

OK, I followed your steps and got back in. I was able to navagate untill I tried to get to the dashboard where I locked up again.  Before going to the dashboard I ran the check database tool.

Is there anyting else that I can do before going to the dashboard that would end the process that i started with the filter?

Thanks,

Jim