Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 11.0.x - I can't log in to database after making my profile 'Active'

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! 11.0.x - I can't log in to database after making my profile 'Active'

[ Edited ]

I have 1 user license.  I obtained software and database from departing co-worker.  After installing and opening her database I added myself as a user.  I then went back into 'Manage Users' set my profile to 'Active'.  My coworker's profile still showed as active and mine as 'Active - Pending Login' (Or something close to that)  I logged out of the database and now I cannot get into it.  I am prompted for username password even though I didn't set one up on my profile and there had been none on my coworkers profile either.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

MESSAGE EDITED: I kept at it and was able to get logged into the data base with coworker's full name with space between first and last.

NEW QUESTION: How exactly do I go about making the one Active profile Inactive so I can make mine the Active one? (The option to do so is greyed out)

Message Edited by JFurlong on 07-13-2009 03:54 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfurlong
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 11.0.x - I can't log in to database after making my profile 'Active'

With only 1 license, you can only have 1 Active user at a time. Since you cannot make the currently logged in user Inactive, there is no way for you deactivate one user and use another. Here is the workaround:

- Login as the co-worker

- From Manage Users, delete the user you created for yourself (this way you won't be prompted to log in when opening the database)

- Go to Lookup/My Record to pull up the co-workers user contact record

- Right-click on the record and select Duplicate..choose to duplicate all fields

- Manually replace all the information in the original record with your information, effectively changing the record to your own. Remember, you still have a duplicate copy of the co-worker's contact record (which is a non-user record) in case you want to retain this information.

- Go back to Tools/Manage Users and edit the user record with your own username

- Close and reopen ACT! and  login with your "new" username...when the database opens it should open to your information now.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jfurlong
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

With only 1 license, you can only have 1 Active user at a time. Since you cannot make the currently logged in user Inactive, there is no way for you deactivate one user and use another. Here is the workaround:

- Login as the co-worker

- From Manage Users, delete the user you created for yourself (this way you won't be prompted to log in when opening the database)

- Go to Lookup/My Record to pull up the co-workers user contact record

- Right-click on the record and select Duplicate..choose to duplicate all fields

- Manually replace all the information in the original record with your information, effectively changing the record to your own. Remember, you still have a duplicate copy of the co-worker's contact record (which is a non-user record) in case you want to retain this information.

- Go back to Tools/Manage Users and edit the user record with your own username

- Close and reopen ACT! and  login with your "new" username...when the database opens it should open to your information now.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you Greig.  I had suspected that overwriting 'My Record' was to be the solution but I felt much better about doing it once I heard it from you!