Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[ACT 11.0 - 2009] Outlook rule doesn't attach to my contact record

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

[ACT 11.0 - 2009] Outlook rule doesn't attach to my contact record

I have the Outlook 2003 rule setup to copy incoming emails to contacts found in the address book, which works fine.  But it doesn't attach to my own contact record, in the "to" field.

Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TCAGE
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: [ACT 11.0 - 2009] Outlook rule doesn't attach to my contact record

The Outlook rule is set to look at the sender's email address and record to the corresponding contact record.  In this case, that would be your personal email address.  It does not record to the recipient of the address.  This only occurs when you send a message from your Outlook account (either through ACT! or through Outlook) to a contact in your database.  If you were to send a message from ACT! or Outlook to your professional email address, then you should see the history recorded in there.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Are you sending yourself a message from the same address as you receive you emails, or from a different email account (ie, sending a message to your Outlook account from a Yahoo account)?  Make sure the email address you are sending FROM matches that primary email address in in your ACT! record; also make sure that the display name (the name that shows in the Inbox when the message comes in) matches your contact name in ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I'm sending myself emails from my personal email address to my professional email address, two different addresses.  Both have contact records in ACT, so both should get the email attached to history, I thought.  The email addresses are exact.  But only the record with the personal email address gets the email attachment.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TCAGE
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

The Outlook rule is set to look at the sender's email address and record to the corresponding contact record.  In this case, that would be your personal email address.  It does not record to the recipient of the address.  This only occurs when you send a message from your Outlook account (either through ACT! or through Outlook) to a contact in your database.  If you were to send a message from ACT! or Outlook to your professional email address, then you should see the history recorded in there.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Thank you Greig, I didn't know this was by design.  Since there is a choice to attach it to your own contact record when you use Quick Attach, I thought it would have the same functionality for the Outlook rule.

No use cluttering up the database with too many emails anyway!