Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 10 running VERY slow as we have 50 meetings a day, please help!

Skilled Commentator

ACT 10 running VERY slow as we have 50 meetings a day, please help!

I have just upgraded from ACT 6 to 10 and have a brand new fast computer with 4gb of Ram. I had an ACT consultant upgrade me from ACT 6 to 10 so I know it's done right. We have about 2000 contacts but we have about 40 to 50 meetings a day (so well over 200 a week) recurring once a week spread accross 10 users. When only one user is selected (and therefore only 5 to 10 meetings on screen) everything is fast, but when 10 users are selected (and the full days appointmnets on screen) it takes at least 7 seconds to change days, move an activity, delete an activity or any simple function. I have tried deleting all past activities, notes etc (about 50,000) and also making the recurring for 1 month, not 12, to cut down on the size but this only saves 1 or 2 seconds.  We need to see all 10 users at once to run the business but it is so slow it's almost unusable, at this stage I'm better of going back to ACT 6! Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks 

Re: ACT 10 running VERY slow as we have 50 meetings a day, please help!

Scott,

Which calendar view are you looking at?  Try using the task list with proper filters.

Skilled Commentator

Re: ACT 10 running VERY slow as we have 50 meetings a day, please help!

Thanks for the reply. We are looking at the daily calendar, as it is the most user friendly. If we do use the task list with only 'today' selected but all 40 or so appointments showing it is still just as slow. Any ideas? As I'm sure this unusable speed can't be considered normal?