Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 10 .ADT Templates

ACT! 10 .ADT Templates

I had a problem this morning where I went to edit or create a new template for ACT! It started Word 2007 fine but there was not the normal option to save the file as a .ADT file and the option to show ACT fields did not work either.

It seemed to be because the ACT add in was disabled.  I went to Word options and looked at the add ins tab. This clarified that the addin was indeed not loaded. It was looking for a file called mscoree.dll which was missing from my system.  Luckily I had another computer with Office 2007 installed and copied from here into the \windows\system32 folder.

I then went back into Word and enabled the addin.  Restarted word and hey presto it worked again.

Thought I would share incase it happens to anyone else.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 10 .ADT Templates

This is part of the Microsoft .Net framework... if it keep failing, you might need to reinstall .Net or even uninstall ACT!, Office and .Net and reinstall Office, then .Net, then ACT!
Copper Contributor

Thats re assuring - reinstall Act or .Net or Office ....

ACT should have a repair tool for such issuses

Platinum Elite Contributor

ACT! can't have repair tools for .Net or Office. They are Microsoft products and there are many issues that need different fixes.

Microsoft do have some test tools for .Net like http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/03/03/8015158.aspx

And they also have Detect & Repair in Office.

I have been talking to some of the Sage dev guys to see if some of the common .Net or Office errors can be identified in ACTDIG and point the user to the right Microsoft fix, but this isn't an easy task