Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 10 (2008) Writing Outlook history to multiple databases

ACT! 10 (2008) Writing Outlook history to multiple databases

In the configuration of ACT! 10 integration to Outlook 2003 I am prompted to connect to the database I would like to write history to. The window tells me I can connect to up to three databases, but when I send an email it will only write to the history of the first database listed.

To confuse the matter even further, ACT! 2009 lists writing history to multiple databases as a new feature.

Can anyone tell me which of these versions has this functionality? Thanks.

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT! 10 (2008) Writing Outlook history to multiple databases

Technically either could. In 2008 you would need to use Act Email, in this caes it writes to whichever database you have open. In 2009 quick attach will still default to the default database, but the icon attach to act contact from within outlook will allow you to choose the database and contact to attach to. Additionally in 2009 you can still use act email and record to the current db.

So you can use ACT! email to write history to multiple databases at the same time, but not Outlook?

Also, it doesn't seem to matter for this user which database he actually has open, it only writes to the first database listed in the email integration preferences.

Nickel Contributor

There is no way to write to more than one database at once, however you can record history to one db and then to another with 2009 without having to open either of them.

With act email it simply records history to whichever db you have open (note there is no selecting of db's when setting up actemail)

Lastly with full outlook integration it doesn't make a difference, it will record to the default unless otherwise specified via the attach to act contact icon.