Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 10.0 Layout Designer Form Height Limitation

ACT 10.0 Layout Designer Form Height Limitation

Hi,

I am attempting to design a new layout for a Call Center style Script, however, I can not get the Form to go beyond 1036 in height. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: ACT 10.0 Layout Designer Form Height Limitation

Are you talking screen layout in act for Q & A's?

Would a smaller font size help?

I am in Laguna Niguel by the way, OC.

Hi thanks for the reply.  Yes, I would like to create a Q & A style survey that our Telemarketing department can use for inbound and outbound calls, however, I am running out of room on the form and cannot seem to get it to go any further down the screen.  I tried a smaller font size but this is difficult for the Telemarketers to read all day long. Thanks.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi

Consider spreading the form over 2 or 3 tabs - it is easier to click a new tab than manage the scroll bar when filling in details.

Regards

Chip

I'm a new user but have the same issue. I need more real estate in the Layout Designer for a Tab but can't seem to find a way to increase the height of the layout dimensions. When I bring up the Properties, you can't change the height there either (their online manual also points this out but doesn't give you any information as to WHERE you CAN change these numbers). I have a large 22" LCD display and there is lots of real estate in the "user" mode that's not used and I can't get access to it in the Layout Designer. Same TAB captures from Sage for their Financial Professional product suggest that this real estate can be expanded since their screen captures show scroll bars on the right side, but how to adjust this form length/height is beyond me. Any suggestions out there? Right now it's very limiting....almost to the point of looking at competitive products, again!
Platinum Elite Contributor

You can change the form size using the properties panel for the Layout properties.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy,

Apparently I was successful in changing the size of the layout at the time I posted the initial message, but here I am again and I have the same problem. I opened up the Properties Panel after choosing Tools->Design Layouts->Contact, but wasn't able to save changes to the height of the layout [Layout (Form)]. Any specific instructions on how to do this? Thanks.

More information. The Layout (Form) dimensions are Height = 1062 and Width = 928. I can change the Height to something less than 1062, but if I attempt to increase this size, it defaults back to 1062. I'll need to increase this Height to add the necessary fields...suggestions?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Change your video resolution. Or modify layout on a machine with a Big monitor and a extravagant video resolution.