Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 10.0 How to stop Outlook emails from automatically attaching to ACT records?

ACT 10.0 How to stop Outlook emails from automatically attaching to ACT records?

This may sound counterproductive but I do NOT want all emails I send to attach to existing ACT Contacts.  I do occassionally use the manual attach function from within Outlook but I just noticed today that emails I send are automatically attaching.  Yikes!  How can I shut that off?

Thanks

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 10.0 How to stop Outlook emails from automatically attaching to ACT records?

Under Preferences and then email, change the default history behaviour to none.
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au

Re: ACT 10.0 How to stop Outlook emails from automatically attaching to ACT records?

Neil, I thought for sure this was going to work...but I got to the Preferences>Email tab and there is no default history behaviour setting that I can see.  Within this tab I have three main sections - E-System, Folder Settings, and Attaching E-mails to Contacts.  As the last category seems to be the closest function to what I want to alter I see there are only choices for "When attaching Files to E-mails..."  Nothing on the screen inicates a history setting for emails.

Any other suggestions?

Mike

Nickel Contributor

When you are in Preferences click on the Email tab. Then click on the button "Email System Set up". Keep lcicking "Next" until you get to the window titled "Email - Record History". The drop down gives you choices for what part of the email you want to save in History.

Personally I've been looking for this solution for quite awhile! The page you are talking about doesn't talk about 'default' behavior, and I interpreted it to mean it affected any behavior of, say, quick attach. I personally don't want to clog the database with all the meaningless email...

Employee

Hi,

I am not exactly sure about ACT 10.0 but In email record history drop down option check if there is a option called none! Choose that and check if that works.

Yes, that does it. My comment was meant to indicate that the prompt was not clear, it looks like any email attached will follow those rules, instead of this just being the default behavior with respect to emails sent/received. Just adding the word 'default' to that panel in preferences would have made it much clearer.  Thanks

Employee

Hi,

Thats great to know that it works. And yes thank you for your feedback and it would be nice if you share your ideas in the forum ideas section so we can try to implement it in our future versions.

Thank you

Where is that?

Employee