Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 10.0.2 and ACT Link

Copper Super Contributor

ACT 10.0.2 and ACT Link

I just upgraded to ACT 10.0.2 and now cannot sync my Treo 700p.  Is there an upgrade to the Act Link for Palm or do I have to buy the ACT for Palm software?

Error log Message reads:

*** Synchronization failed. ***
Unable to connect to ACT! database. Unspecified error. Make sure you can open your database in ACT!, and then use ACT! Link for Palm Settings to re-select your database.

Exception: Couldn't find type for class Act.Shared.Diagnostics.TraceLogger, Act.Shared.Diagnostics, Version=7.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa.
CurrentFamily: 2, CurrentEntity: Arbitrary, CurrentFunction: Synchronize RecordCount: 0

Susan

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 10.0.2 and ACT Link

As 10.02 does and uninstall/reinstall of ACT!, you might try reinstalling the ACT! Link for Palm

I haven't seen an update for this, so hopefully that will work

Copper Super Contributor

Just visted ACT downloads and found Act Link for Palm 10.0.2.  Didn't see it previously.  I'll write back if this doesn't work.

THANKS!

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't work.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the Link and now if I go to check the settings in the hot sync manager, it crashes.

"ACTPalmLineSetup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I'm not happy about the 'inconvenience'.  Any suggestions before I call tech support?

Susan

Message Edited by spsearch on 05-07-2008 05:44 PM
Copper Super Contributor

Hit the solution button by accident - this is NOT Solved.

Sue

Copper Contributor

spsearch wrote:

Hit the solution button by accident - this is NOT Solved.

Sue

Hi Sue,

To change the marked solution, you can go to Options on the upper right of the post you marked as a solution. Then, under Options, choose Unmark as Accepted Solution.

Let me know if you need any assistance.  

I don't use Palm, but in ACT! 6.0, this would happen if you install this link while the device was connected and you needed to uninstall the link, do a hard reset of the device and install the link again. Dunno if this would still be the fix