Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACCESS LEVEL

ACCESS LEVEL

Hi All,

I am using ACT 2008 (10.).

We have 10,000 over client records in our database and have 5 sales executives in our department. We only need them to view certain client records so, I have set the access level of 50 client records each to the designated sales people but they seem to browse the entire 10,000 records.

Also, I have set the security role for our sales people as RESTRICTED. Please help!

Thank you.

Francine

Re: ACCESS LEVEL

When setting limited access on the contacts, you will need to set them on all of the contacts within the database.  So, the other 9,950 contacts will need limited access set on them so the User 1 cannot see those contacts.

Our database is currently set to "Public" viewing and the security role for our sales people is read as "Browse", meaning they can only view the records but cannot make changes such as schedule a meeting, edit records etc.

Now, I have set the 50 records as Private and changed the name in the Record Manager field i.e. Sarah. The record manager, Sarah is able to view her 50 records, meaning she is able to edit the specified contacts and schedule meetings with her 50 contact clients but she can't read the rest of the 9,950 contacts as "Browse". How do i allow her to view the 9,950 as "Browse" at the same time edit details for the 50 contact clients?

Thank you.

Francine

Hello Francine,

Browse users cannot change anything in the database.  Can you verify the users security role?  Try setting the users to Restricted.  They will be able to edit contact records, but not delete.

Security Levels in ACT!

The user role for Sarah is RESTRICTED; which she is able to schedule appointments or make other changes to the 9,950 records - I do not want her to do this except view it as browse.

She is to concentrate on her 50 client records meaning she can schedule phone calls, meeting, amend information, telephone numbers etc. in which I am able to set this for her.

How do i allow Sarah to view the 9,950 as a browse feature and at the same time make changes to the 50 selected client records?