Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook

Copper Contributor

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook

I just installed Act! 2009 on Windows XP, with Office XP.  I set up the integration with Outlook 2002.  Now whenever I go to send an email from Act! I get a warning dialog " a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook".

I have told it to Allow Access, but it still comes up at 3 points in the process of sending just a single email. It has a box to "Allow Access For......." but the longest period is 10 minutes.

Is there a way to permanently allow this access?

Thanks

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook

This is an Outlook Message, and working as designed. Check out this link for a solution http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/.
Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Copper Contributor

OK thanks.

But I'd rather not install a program like that, seems like a band-aid fix. 

According to a Microsoft page I just found:

"You should not get this message if your synchronization software is a trusted add-in that can properly identify itself to Outlook as a safe program. Check with your synchronization software vendor."

Is there something that did not get configured correctly in my install?  I seems odd that people should need to install a 3rd party fix from an unknown vendor to fix this.  Or do most Act! users choose not to use Outlook integration, and therefore avoid this issue. 

Thanks

Copper Elite Contributor

It does depend on what MS determine is a "trusted add-in", which differs with Outlook versions. I do not have this issue with Office 2007, so its likely that later versions of Outlook do not have this problem.

The ACT! System Requirements advise " Microsoft Outlook® 2002, 2003, and 2007 (SP3 recommended for Outlook 2002 and 2003) ". Does your system meet those requirements?

Regards
Neil Gilford
ACT! Certified Consultant
Gilford Computer Solutions
neil@gilford.com.au
Copper Contributor

Yes, I have Outlook 2002 with SP3.  From what I read it seems like it might only be Outlook 2002 that has this issue, and I think I read that it only starts to happen after you install SP3.

I'm surprised that when I did a search on this forum I did not come up with others with the same issue.

If I decide to not integrate Act with Outlook, what are the downsides?  Act can maintain its own Contact list and do its own emailing, can it not?

And I think I can do without the two calendars being merged.

Thanks

I am encountering the same problem with ACT! 2010 & Outlook 2003/SP3.

Like vincenzo I don't want to rely on a third-party product required. If ACT! integraiton with Outlook is a featured function why isn't it recognized as a compatible add-in by Outlook? 

It is a compatible add-in with Office 2003.  Having ACT! Integrated will not give you this message in Office 2003.  It sounds like one of your other Outlook add-ins is causing Outlook to prompt this message.

Other than ACT 2010, we haven't added any new software or upgrades (other than McAfee anti-virus updates)since this issue arose. More specifically, I believe it started occuring when we activiated ACT! Scheduler. 

I am having this same problem with Outlook 2002 SP3 and Act! 2010.  It is very annoying to have ~10 extra clicks  just to send an email.  How do I remove Act-Outlook synchronization?  Does anyone know?

I have already asked ACT for my money back on the upgrade and I have halted upgrades to the other machines I find this so annoying.

Ted