Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

937 Alerts when I start up Act 2010!!!!

937 Alerts when I start up Act 2010!!!!

Its been a long time since Ive used ACT 2010. Well now I need to use to again because I found a new job. Thing is it says I have 937 Alarms / Reminders! So erase them right? I CANT! Smiley Sad The program freezes no matter what I do. I cant close out the window. I cant press any of the buttons. As soon as I do it says "NOT RESPONDING". The whole interface if frozen and I have to shut it down every time. It makes ACT 100% nonuseable. Im running a laptop about 3-4 years old (IBM ThinkPad T60) and running Windows XP and its fully updated. Also I cant update ACT because by the time I get to the update acceptance button.... the Alarms window pops up! Im totally stuck here Smiley Sad HELP!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 937 Alerts when I start up Act 2010!!!!

It will take a long time to bring that many up. The not responding indicates that it's working one it. In addition your laptop likely hase a 4800 rpm hard drive so the whole process could take several minutes. Give it half an hour or so.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I tried that. Even left it run for two hours and NOTHING! Smiley Sad Im desperate. I need to access that data base!

What if I delete or modify the .PAD or .ALF files??? 

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, whatever you do. Don't touch those files. Thats an awful amount of alarms, if you can't even start deleting them, i would reccomend just playing the waiting game.

Regards,

Sam Keith
Caldere Associates
www.caldere.com
skeith@caldere.com
+44 (0)1189456220