Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

8007007e Mail Merge Error

8007007e Mail Merge Error

I have a user on ACT 9.0 and whenever the user tries to mail merge, she gets the error of "Retrieving the com slass factory for component with CLSID {0006FO3A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 8007007e." I have tried reinstalling ACT, reinstalling Office 2k3, restarting both computer and server. My Google-Fu isn't strong enough to handle this. Can anyone give me some insight?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 8007007e Mail Merge Error

I've only seen this in Outlook with a bad install of Office.... I assume this in in Outlook 2003?

Have you updated your ACT! to 9.03 and Hotfix 3?

Do you have other users? If so, do they get this error?

Does the user get this sending a main-merge to just one contact?

I have the same problem.  I replaced my hard drive and reinstalled all software,  Office 2003 and Act 9.0.  I used the ACT knowledge base and the fixes did not work.  I tried the HOT fix you suggested and that was not successful. 

Do you have any other suggestions? 

I tried calling ACT but they want me to spend $200 just to talk to me.  I am not going to upgrade to 10 because with each of the last few upgrades since 5 or 6, I have had to spend countless hours trying to make it work.  I've had ACT since ACT 1 and when it works, it is great. I am tired of the problems and instead spending time fixing it, I am going to spend my time moving the information out of Act into another database.

Copper Contributor

I think 0x8007007E means "The specified module could not be found.".  The trick is figuring out which module it's actually looking for. 

Have you checked ACTLOG.xml?  It can be found at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows 10\ACTLOG.xml.  See if you can find anything in the log mentioning "error" or "exception".  It may contain a long technical stack-trace with details on what module it's trying to load.

If you feel like getting more technical, you can try the following suggestion:

One useful tool for these kinds of problems is FileMon from sysinternals: http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html.  Run filemon on your system and reproduce your problem.  The filemon log will show every file system access including whatever failure gave rise to the file not found exception.  Once you know what DLL is "not found" you have some chance of figuring out why it is not found.

Above from: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=459296&SiteID=1

HTH,
jason

Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007
Platinum Elite Contributor

I'd also be interested to see if there is more detail in the Windows Event Log to see if the error actually comes from ACT! or Outlook