Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

6x9 envelope template

Copper Contributor

6x9 envelope template

There must be others who send out Christmas cards in 6x9 envelopes!  Years ago I posted about a problem with the envelope template and Ron submitted a bug report.  Now I'm on v18 and it still has not been fixed?  What do others use for a 6x9 envelope template?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 6x9 envelope template

What specific problem are you having for 6x9 envelopes? Because printer capabilities for envelopes vary I typically do custom envelope sizes starting with 8.5x11 letter and adjust the margins to the envelope size and printing location and orientation.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

The preview works great, but when it actually prints (as the attached scan shows) the fonts print too small, and the address blocks do not print in the correct locations.  I know how to change font size in the editor, but changing sizes of anything in the ACT report template editor is a nightmare!  My HP Officejet x451 prints envelopes well.  I just updated with a scan that shows the edges better.

Platinum Elite Contributor

It's likely your printer doesn't directly support 6x9 envelopes so on printing it defaults to 8.5x11. The type size is likely 8 or 9 point. Font size changes must be done field by field and the fields resized appropriately and re positioned to the new font size.

You need to create a new template using 8.5x11 as the paper size and use the margin settings to properly position the fields to printing.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129