Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

64 Bit Windows 7

Nickel Contributor

64 Bit Windows 7

Any comments on running ACT! 2011 on a 64-Bit machine with Windows 7? Issues with Outlook 2007 or Word 2007? Does ACT! perform better on a 64 Bit machine? Windows 7?

Other comments would be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 64 Bit Windows 7

ACT! 2011 runs fine on windows 7. 64 bit doesn't really make a lot of difference to ACT!.

The only thing to note is that if you install Office 2010, to do it in 32bit mode (it's a choice when installing on a 64bit operating system)
Nickel Contributor

We are planning to install Office 2007.

ACT! 2010 and 2011 both run fin on my 64-bit Windows 7 systems. The ACT! program remains a 32-bit program so it doesn't directly gain from  the 64-bit operating system. However, there are some indirect performance gains. Initial load is improved because the data is moved from the hard drive to memory faster. Any time the virtual memory is required, the swaps from memroy to disc and disc to memory are faster. Finally, the ACT! program is an I/O bound program so any improvement in the speed of data movement helps the ACT! program performance. The differences aren't startling but everything seems a bit faster.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

what about installing an ACT2006 in Windows 7 Professional?   All my other XP software installed fine.  But it won't let me install ACT.  What is file extension for db so I can make sure that I still have if I upgrade?

ACT! 2006 uses Microsoft SQL 2000 and Microsoft never made SQL 2000 to be Windows 7 compatible (not even Vista)