Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2013 Pro Demo Error The "(local)" computer could not be reached because the IP address "" could not be resolved.

2013 Pro Demo Error The "(local)" computer could not be reached because the IP address "" could not be resolved.

I have Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  I installed the 30 day demo & the SP1.  I cannot create a new database or open the demo database. I have disabled both my anti-virus & firewall at the same time, I have confirmed the SQL servers are indeed started, I've unistalled all components & reinstalled 3 times.  I have scoured the knowledge base & tried everything I could find.  I am really interested in purchasing this software if it works how I hope it does, but I've never used it & can't get it to open.  Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2013 Pro Demo Error The "(local)" computer could not be reached because the IP address "" could not be resolved.

Hello Chris,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. It's been a few days since you made this post - are you still experiencing the same issue? If so, try modifying the .PAD file for the database (using Notepad). Make sure that instead of "local" (for "host=", you have the machine name of your computer (keep the quotes).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: 2013 Pro Demo Error The "(local)" computer could not be reached because the IP address "" could not be resolved.

If modifying the pad file doesn't help, what is the error when attempting to create a new database?
Greg Martin
Sage