Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2013 Installation issue

Copper Contributor

2013 Installation issue

This happened on my machine not a client's.  Was running 2012 Premium and upgraded it 2013 Premium everything was working fine and upgraded 2 databases.  Then Act stopped and wouldn't run.  Keep closing down.  I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled but same problem.  Now I can't install and everytime I try to uninstall/reinstall I get an error 1628.  Act shows ups in the uninstall or change programs but there is not files on the machine or entries in the registry.  Any ideas on a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Lanny Brown

lbrown@salesproductivityplus.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2013 Installation issue

Hi Lanny,
The install issue sounds like a problem with the Windows Installer, especially if ACT! is showing in the program list but is not installed. Check these areas and delete when present:

Files
- C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information (64-bit) OR C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information (32-bit)

Delete the ACT! Guid - can tell by opening the folder and opening the setup.ini file
- C:\Windows\Installer

Delete the ACT! GUID folder and Sage ACT! .msi files. Do this by enabling the Author and Comments columns and sorting by Author.

Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (64-bit) OR HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (32-bit)

Delete the ACT! GUIDs. Can find them by scrolling through each key and looking at the data in the right-hand pane

I would also run a program like CCleaner to clean up any leftover stuff.

As for the initial error, was there a specific error message or anything in the Windows Event Viewer? If the program just stops working, typical causes are:

- Damaged .NET

- Firewall/AntiVirus

- Bad install, typically from one of the causes referenced above or leftover files from a previous install

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.