Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2012 pro, hangs on checking SQLserver status

Copper Super Contributor

2012 pro, hangs on checking SQLserver status

Win vista

Act pro12

install hangs hangs on checking SQLserver status.

I have re installed msql server 2008 R2, it installed correctly but ACT still hangs on install

any help would appreciated

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2012 pro, hangs on checking SQLserver status

Hello Lmarazzi,
Are there any messages during the SQL installation? This may be caused by an existing instance of ACT7. You can try manually removing the ACT7 instance of SQL then installing again. instructions for removing and reinstalling are in these Knowledgebase articles:

Remove:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2699...

Install:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2699...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Super Contributor

Thank you for that. I have not had the time to go through all that.
Would the act delete file not take care of that?
Would the act diag file not find that problem?
Would a fix it program routine make sense?
I run another program that frequently has users deleting and re installing
That vendor has now come up with a fix it routine that makes the requisite registry changes.
I am not a programmer, I am a salesman. I use act to help me sell not learn programming! Smiley Happy
Copper Super Contributor

Tried all things but no go

decided to move that machine to other duties and installed ACT12 on a fresh system

It installed with no problems.

It seems to me, from my experience at least, that when it is good it is very good but when its bad its horrid.

Once an istall fails, the chances of a recovery are slim......Is that a fair assesment?

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not necessarily - unless there is an issue with the operating system on that machine. Most installs fail due to faulty operating system (Windows) components, firewall/antivirus issues, issues with your user profile, or leftover components from an older install. Most of these can be resolved and result in a successful installation. Either way, I am glad to hear you were able to successfully install on the other machine.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.