Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2012 Create remote database and Sync

Copper Contributor

2012 Create remote database and Sync

I bit the bullet and upgraded to Act 2012 so it would work on my new 64 bit home computer. I am now trying to get this computer to create a remote database so I can sync with my Netbook that I take on the road with me daily. The "create remote database" item in the sync menu is not available to click on. I have gone though all of the instructions and cannot see how to get to this function. Ideas would be welcomed!

Thanks

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: 2012 Create remote database and Sync

Often if the option to create an RDB is grayed out you need to close ACT!, then right click ACT! and run as administrator.

Copper Contributor

Good grief, that did work! I am always left wondering why these things are more difficult than they need to be. Thanks for the answer to this issue.

Best,

Rod

Bronze Super Contributor

Smiley Happy Welcome to Microsoft UAC....

Copper Contributor

Hi,  I'm running into the same problem, and already logon to Win7/64-bit as Administrator.  I've tried many of the other options that I can find on the group, to no avail.  Confused why it's not letting me create a remote database.  Other thoughts?

Thank you.

Platinum Super Contributor

Being a Windows Administrator is different from running the program 'As Administrator' - due to the Windows UAC security function. Right click on the ACT! icon and select 'Run as administrator' to test.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thank you Greg.  Yes, I have tried that as well, and there was no change.  Still unable to create remote database.  This is a new install on a 64-bit system, from a previous 32-bit Win7 OS.  32-bit worked perfectly.  Any relationship?

Tim

Copper Elite Contributor

What options are available to you on the Synchronization Panel?

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP
Copper Contributor

Hi Mark,

The options available on the Sync Panel are: 1.) Disable Synchronization, Manage Sync Set.  Create Remote Database and Manage Main Database Location are greyed out.

Special note:  I've also installed this on my laptop, and used the restore function to bring the DB onto the laptop and same situation.  I then created a new database on both the desktop and the laptop, and never have seen the Create Remote Database light-up.  They worked find under my Win7 32-bit OS.  Both my desktop and laptop are now running 64-bit.  Not that it matters, though it is the only major/minor change.

I'm using ACT! 2012, vers. 14.1.108.0.

Thanks,

Tim

Copper Elite Contributor

Have you created a sync set for your remote database?

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP