Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2011 and 2010 users accessing same database?

2011 and 2010 users accessing same database?

In an effort to get the big boss at my office compatible with Outlook 10, I need to upgrade his copy of ACT 10 to ACT 11, and I'm hoping someone here can tell me if I can do that without being forced to upgrade the other machines running ACT 10.

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2011 and 2010 users accessing same database?

Hello Parson777,
Unfortunately, you would need to upgrade all machines to the same version in order to access the same database. An alternative for the Outlook 2010 user would be this inexpensive add-on that allows ACT! 2010 to work with Office 2010:
http://www.designr1.com/shop/act-word-2010/

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig, thanks for this link to this add-on, but installing it exposes a bug in Sage's programming in version 10 of ACT with recurring to-do's with no expiration date, which causes Outlook to crash upon startup and the fix is very time consuming... In fact, I'm going through it right now on my computer.

Since Sage isn't supporting 10 bug fixes since they are two versions ahead now, I've no choice but to upgrade all of our machines to 2011 to gain true compatibility with Outlook v. 10.

That is, unless you have a cheaper solution for me! I'm all ears.

[ Edited ]