Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2011 Pro Remote Sync Error

Accepted Solution Solved
awf
Accepted Solution

2011 Pro Remote Sync Error

When syncing Act 2011 Pro, I recieve the error message  "unable to connect to the sync server".

Using actdiag; I found that the "network protocols" (on the host computer) are disabled.

I believe this may be the source of the problem; any suggestions on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: 2011 Pro Remote Sync Error

Sure thing.  In article 24341 look for the section 'Connection Errors'.  At the end of that section look for subheading "At the Remote database computer".  It contains the steps for opening the connection information screen, which is where you can change from the hosting computer machine name to the IP.    Before changing to the IP, verify that the machine name is correct (it should be the name of the computer hosting the main database).

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello AWF,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Are you attempting to sync through a local network?  or internet (ex: home to office)...

When attempting to sync, ensure the main database is also open.  'Pro' requires the main database be open to acknowledge the connection.

Here is an article with some troubleshooting steps: KB Article 24341

Greg Martin
Sage
awf

Thank you Greg for your reply!

Yes, I am attempting to sync via a local network.

I have previously followed all of the trouble shooting steps in KB Article 24341, with no luck.

Please advise another solution.

Thank you,

Alan

awf

Does anyone have any other solutions?

In the article it has a step for checking the Sync Server Connection, did you try changing the computer name to the IP address?
Greg Martin
Sage
awf

I don't believe I did change the computer name to the IP address; please "point" to those instructions.

Thank you!

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Sure thing.  In article 24341 look for the section 'Connection Errors'.  At the end of that section look for subheading "At the Remote database computer".  It contains the steps for opening the connection information screen, which is where you can change from the hosting computer machine name to the IP.    Before changing to the IP, verify that the machine name is correct (it should be the name of the computer hosting the main database).

Greg Martin
Sage
awf

Thank you for the instructions!

Cna you tell me how to locate the IP address on the host computer?

Platinum Elite Contributor

To get the IP address:
- Click your Windows Start button, go to Programs on the Start Menu, then Accessories, then Command Prompt
- In the command prompt window, type "ipconfig"
- The IP address will be the IPv4 address under your local area connection (near the top)

This is your internal IP address, for connecting via a network. If you are connecting via the internet (outside the firewall), you will need the external IP address. To get this, open your web browser, and go to www.whatismyip.com.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

awf

Greg,

You're a genius!

You solved my problem and the syc. works like a charm!

Thank you VERY much!

Alan