09-15-2009 03:36 PM
Is this a real machine or a Virtual machine, if virtual, what software are you using?
1) Stop the ACT7 service and the SQL Browser service
2) Open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /release"
3) Next type "ipconfig /flushdns"
4) Now type "ipconfig /renew"
5) Restart the ACT7 instance and the SQL Browser service
6) Attempt your procedure again.
This sounds like the TCP/IP information against the SQL ACT7 instance is stale and isn't broadcasting as expected.
Please post your results.
09-15-2009 03:44 PM
09-15-2009 04:03 PM
Start|Run and type "Services.msc"
You should then be able to find the services.
You will want to renew the ip address information from a command prompt / DOS prompt.
If this is a Vista machine, you will want to open the command prompt via "Accessories" and launch it by right mouse button clicking "Run as Administrator"
09-16-2009 06:41 AM
09-16-2009 07:14 AM
Is this an upgrade or new install of ACT! 2010?
06-28-2010 12:39 PM
I am having the same problems. Also upgrading from 2009 because it had so many problems. I have used ACT for 10 years, each time upgrading to fix problems, and each time encountering more problems and installation problems.
10-04-2010 11:12 AM