Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2010 not matching 2010 database?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

2010 not matching 2010 database?

To resolve a variety of problems, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sage ACT.  I now have ACT 13.1.111.0 Hotfix 6

I now get the following error message

"The data base is an ACT! Premium 2010 database and can only be opened with a matching ACT! Premium 2010 product."

I am completely down. 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ebenwalker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: 2010 not matching 2010 database?

Thank you for providing your serial number, it is definitely a 'Pro' serial number and determines the next step. 

The database you are accessing was opened in a Premium version and now needs to be converted to a Pro version.  Luckily this process has been made very easy in the past year or so...  Here is an article with instructions, you'll use the second method - downloading the newer version of ACT! Diagnostics Tool: KB Article 28079

In your Private Note, you mentioned when registering you get a message that the serial number is 'already activated', here is an article with instructions for removing the registration files, to allow you to register: KB Article 23124

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

If you can provide me your serial number through Private Notes, I can determine the direction to go with this. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author ebenwalker
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thank you for providing your serial number, it is definitely a 'Pro' serial number and determines the next step. 

The database you are accessing was opened in a Premium version and now needs to be converted to a Pro version.  Luckily this process has been made very easy in the past year or so...  Here is an article with instructions, you'll use the second method - downloading the newer version of ACT! Diagnostics Tool: KB Article 28079

In your Private Note, you mentioned when registering you get a message that the serial number is 'already activated', here is an article with instructions for removing the registration files, to allow you to register: KB Article 23124

Greg Martin
Sage