Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2010 export to excel problem

Tuned Listener

2010 export to excel problem

[ Edited ]

I have installed 2002 excel small business edition and 2002 excel XP student edition (removing the previous version first) and still do not get an excel export option in the drop down list. 

I am wondering if ACT 2010 needs  to see excel installed before It is install or does it look at the installed programs at export time.  I did not have any office products installed before I installed ACT 2010.

Any help would be appreciated. 

I removed ACT and rebooted and reinstalled ACT 2010 with Excel already installed and I still do not get an excel drop down option on export.

This is very frustrating. 

Message Edited by tencargarage on 12-12-2009 05:59 PM
Message Edited by tencargarage on 12-12-2009 06:28 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2010 export to excel problem

The functionality to export to Excel from the File/Import command is not available. You would need to choose the Text Delimited option, then choose to save the file as a .csv file. This file type can be opened and edited in Excel.

The feature to directly export to Excel is available when in the list views (Contact List, Opportunity List, Task List, etc.) in the ACT! database. It will be the green Excel icon on the toolbar when in a list view. This will directly export the current list and currently selected columns to a new Excel spreadsheet.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.