Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

2010 SP1 update failure

I cannot get the 2010 SP1 to load on my computer

I am running Vista

Current Act is 12.0.409.0 Hot fix 4

I have UAC disabled

I have tried to upgrade through Act and the auto update as well as downloading from ACT "act2010sp1_update_hf1" number 2.1.13.0.

When it unpacks I get "there is not enough space on  drive C:\ to extract this package. Please free up 289.65mb and try again". I have done a reboot and tried to install and still get this message. My C: drive show 224GB of free space.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: 2010 SP1 update failure

Thanks for the Download links for the full product install. I got brave and just reinstalled over the bad installation without removing without any problems.

Works much better with no startup delays.

Thanks again for the speedy assistance!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Update message appeared again while using ACT so I thought I would again try the update. This time I got

"The version of ACT detected is not compatible with this update. The update will now exit"

Stranger and stranger

Platinum Elite Contributor

Try starting ACT! by right clicking on the icon and selecting Run as Administrator.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello bidaci,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the update to ACT! 2010. Please see your Private Messages in this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I had tried the "run as admin" route with no luck. I will try the full install next.

I am having the same exact problem.  I would really appreciate any help that there is.  I am currently running Windows 7 and ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3

I have tried to run as Administrator and still no luck.  

Thanks for any help that you can give! 
Copper Contributor

I did as you suggested in the PM you had sent. Oddly enough it would not let me uninstall 12.0.409.0 HF4. I got a could not read uninstall file. I went ahead with the install to overwrite figuring worst case I could uninstall after the update. Surprisingly, the overwrite seemed to have worked. I'm now rockin the 12.1.181.0 HF1

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

I  am having the same exact problem, except when I try to reinstall, I get a error message saying already installed! Can't uninstall, eiit states missing a file. An almost identical intallation completed without any issues. Now I have a Version difference betwen installtions. Amazingly, the second one still is able to access the data, but very slowly.

What do I need to do to overcome the Version update issue? I am not aware how to do the overwrite install.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Jgmarx,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

I am assuming you are running Act! 2010.  To resolve the issue you will need to manually remove the current Act! program and then reinstall with a fully updated copy of the installation files.

Here is an article with instructions for manually removing Act! 2010: Manually Remove Act! 2010

(Unfortunately the Act!Uninstaller utility is currently unavailable while updates are applied)

See your Private Messages for a link to download the fully updated installation files and instructions for using them.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thanks, I will give it a try and advise.