Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2009 stops on install

2009 stops on install

I've purchased and downloaded ACT 2009 v11. The installation hangs on the last part after installing calander and reports. A short blip of wait then the install bar on the bottom of the screen stays green with no further verbiage and just hangs. The task manager says the install program is running. After ending the program, no icons and options in the startup group. After manually starting Act in the ACT directory, error " Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework.Interop,version=11.0.367.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. This file is not in the ACT directory. I can copy the file off the install file and ACT will start. However, there are other issues when running.

Starting on issue 1, why does the install hang and how can it be resolved?

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: 2009 stops on install

This really sounds like something in the download transfer may have been damaged, perhaps a network interupt or something along those lines.  Is it possible for you to download this package again and reinstall it?

thanks,

-Matt

Matthew McFadden

I've uninstalled it with the actuninstall.exe and reinstalled 3times. Then, downloaded ACT 2009 again into a different directory, re-installed and the same issue happens again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Please check you Windows System Application Event log as well as system log for error indications.  Since you experience a sort of a hang scenario, Iets look to see if the system is complaining about the .NET 2.0 components. 

The next steps I would suggest is uninstalling the ACT! application, then uninstall .NET 2.0 Framework from Add/Remove program files.  Once that is done, reboot the machine, and begin the ACT! installation again. 

During this process, the .NET 2.0 components will reinstall automatically.  Once .NET 2.0 is reinstalled, the process will request a reboot.  Following that, the ACT! installation will continue. 

Thanks, please post back your findings.

-Matt

Matthew McFadden

Uninstalled Act and Net 2.0, rebooted. Then reinstalled Act, never installed Net 2.0 or ask to reboot. System and Application log have several errors.

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface.  hr = 0x80070005. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process. 

The Protexis Licensing V2 service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

The entry <C:\USERS\PUBLIC\DOCUMENTS\ACT\ACT FOR WINDOWS 11\DATABASES\ACT11DEMO-DATABASE FILES\TEMPLATES\02 N958B.RRA> in the hash map cannot be updated.

Nickel Elite Contributor

This appears to be a Vista machine, is that correct?  If so, how did you uninstall .NET 2.0 Framework?

Also, you didn't mention if you had the same hang issue or not, so lets start there.

The error you have specified is a Microsoft OS error displayed in the System Event log or is this in the Application Event log?

thanks,

-Matt

Matthew McFadden

Vista for small business with MS Office 2007 and BCM. The Net 1.1, 1.1 hot fix, 2.0 and 3.5 w/sp 1 was uninstalled with Nevo uninstlaller. Yes still hangs. The errors are both sys and apps.
Nickel Elite Contributor

.NET 2.0 is a core Operating System component (built in) with Windows Vista.  I do not know what Nevo Uninstaller is, but I am concerned that using it to remove .NET items from a Vista operating system may have made your operating system very unstable or even possible compromised it at this point.

Based on this, please review this Microsoft related article on how to repair .NET on Windows Vista machines and try your ACT! install again.

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-win...

thanks,

-Matt

Matthew McFadden

Revo Uninstaller was downloaded from cnet.com, has helped

resolved a number of issues in the past by clearing out the leftover files. Sfc
Scannow has detected corrupt files. When “findstr
/C:"[SR] Cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log
>sfcdetails.txt” Does not locate anything. Through windows located
sfcdetails.txt, 2 entries:

2008-12-09 13:02:28, Info, CSI 0000018e [sr] cannot repair member file [1:24{12}]"mstext40.dll

2008-12-09 13:02:28, Info, CSI 00000190 [sr] cannot repair member file [1:24{12}]"mstext40.dll 

Replaced files as recommended by MS

KB, reboot, install ACT2009, and still hangs. Ran Sfc Scannow again with the
same results.

Nickel Elite Contributor

I suspect that the compromised .NET components are causing the hang issue to begin with, as at the end of the ACT! install process, there is .NET performance tuning occurring, or not, in your case.  Since the scan still returns the same errors, I think you are best off getting out your Vista media and invoking a Vista repair process.  This is also stated in the link I provided previously:

<<Unfortunately, there is not an easy way of repairing the registry keys/values that are installed by Windows Vista like there is for files.  If you want to try to repair the registry keys/values that are a part of the .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0, you will need to run Windows Vista OS setup again and repair the OS.>> 

Sorry for the bad news.

-Matt 

Matthew McFadden