Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2009 Email Problem

2009 Email Problem

I have been using the 2009 for about a month with no problems, however I have not used the Act email feature until now. I get the following error when I hit the email button on the left nav bar... "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: type" Any ideas on how to get rid of this error?

Re: 2009 Email Problem - Update

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and still have the same error. It gives me the "value cannot be null. Parameter name: type" error then M/S sends a message that says ActEmail.exe has stopped working (although it never loaded). Before I upgraded the 2005 ACT email worked fine.

I don't see this particular error anywhere in the knowledge base. The only "type" issues in the knowledge base deal with history and attachments (I tried that anyways).

Nickel Elite Contributor

Please try this, I want to see if there is a relationship here:

1) On the machine in question, close ACT! 2009 and open the control panel | add/remove programs option.

2) Find the line item called "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022" and remove it from the system (repair does not fix this).

3) From your ACT! install media, open the folder called "Dependencies".

4) Launch the package called "vcredist_x86.exe" and allow it to install on your machine. 

5) Next, open a command (DOS) window and navigate to the installed location of ACT! i.e.(%Program Files%\ACT\Act for Windows)

6) From this location, execute these commands in this order:

a) actemail -unregserver
b) regasm /unregister Act.Framework.Interop.dll
c) regasm /unregister Act.Application.Interop.dll
d) regasm /codebase Act.Application.Interop.dll
e) regasm /codebase Act.Framework.Interop.dll
f) actemail -regserver  

7) Launch ACT

Please post back your results 

Matthew McFadden

Thank you for your reply. I was able to unistall the dll's but when I tried to reinstall the dll's I get an "administrative credentials." I am an administrator but have run into this before with the Vista operating system. So... I'm a bit stuck.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Open the command window in Vista using a right mouse button and launch it with the "Run as Administrator" option.

You should then be able to reregister the files.

thanks,

-Matt 

Matthew McFadden

After finishing with the dll's it (act email) tried to open but it ended up with the same issue. I may try Outlook to move around the problem. - thanks for the help.