Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2008 to 2011: address book reports more customizable???

2008 to 2011: address book reports more customizable???

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am currently using Act 2008

I have added about 12 custom fields that I need to print in the "address book" format of 5.5 x 8.5" Portrait.  I do not see any options for customizing this printout, based on the existing template.

I see it allows you to add only THREE additional fields in the "Options" tab for the address book.  Hopefully someone can help!  I also tried creating a new report, but I dont think that is going to give me what I need, as it is printing all of the BLANK fields as well, which will make for a very thick address book printout. 

I only need it to print the custom fields that actually CONTAIN data, if not, then ignore the field and not leave a space for it.

I am now also using a Win 7 64 bit system and was considering Act 2011, but am not interested if it does not have the flexibility to add these custom fields to the printout.  I am really surprised such a popular CRM program is not more flexible!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2008 to 2011: address book reports more customizable???

I would require more information about exactly what you want in the address book but a report that fits your needs should be possible. the ACT! reports actually are very flexible.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

HI, thank you for the reply.

I have about 10-15 fields that contain additional phone numbers and a note field that I need to print under the contacts name on the Address report I mentioned above.

I create a "lookup" to print, I go to File>Print, select Address Book and Plain Letter 5.5x8.5 P template.  I then go to Options, and under Additional Fields, there are 3 available to add to the printout.  I need to add around 10-15 fields.  I would also like to format the information to print in a certain order.  Sort of like creating a Contact Design Layout, but for an Address Book print template.

I would like it to look something like this:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/motoxchic00/ActExample.jpg

Here is how my Custom Design Layout looks

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff170/motoxchic00/temp.jpg

Platinum Elite Contributor

That format would be possible with the ACT! reports. It does present some interesting challenges and would require some significant VB script programming.

What you're wanting to do is change the output formatting as the report is being compiled.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Well, I guess since I am not a programmer, I will need to find another solution or program.  Thank you for letting me know the possibilities.