Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

2007 Premium Install issues - SQL server setup instance with same name

2007 Premium Install issues - SQL server setup instance with same name

I am  wanting to  install  a remote data base on a home computor.

Each  time  I try  to  install  I get the following error at  the Microsoft SQL Server 2005  Setup -" An  instance with  the same name is already  installed on this computor. To proceed with  SQL Server setup, provide a unique name".  I then recieve an  X  beside the SQL  Server Database  Services  @ the setup  process. The rest  of the install goes smoothly but then  I cannot create a data base  or open the demo.

I have tried every  type of un-install process I can  find on ACT! help. Tried using the program  version,  ACT  Uninstaller.exe etc.   In ADD/  Remove programs,  I have all SQL files EXCEPT  for SQL  2005  Server. There is no  instance of a ACT7  server  in the root key.

I have tried to  manually create the SQL  Server but to  no  avail as well.

If there are any  ideas of where I can  find this "instance" to  delete or rename to  allow this install  that  would be very  appreciated.

Thanks

Cliff

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: 2007 Premium Install issues - SQL server setup instance with same name

When you run the uninstaller.exe, did you tell it to remove the SQL instance?

Yes it did.  It  was checked off but re installing produced the same error still.

Cheers

Platinum Elite Contributor

Should be checked on... is that correct?

You might try running the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301